Add a reference to your MonoGame project using the following command:
Remember, if you're upgrading from a previous version you'll need to edit your
Content.mgcb file and change the version number of the
This release is mostly bug fixes and improvements to existing features. However, we do have a few standouts.
- support for importing sprite sheet animations created with Astrid Animator
- experimental simple collision detection
- fixed bugs with relative assets in the content importers
- now rendering tiled maps using a render target to eliminate tearing
- a few other minor bug fixes
I've been working on a little tool called Astrid Animator to take your sprite sheets created with Texture Packer and turn them into awesome animations. The tool is an early release so it's bound to have a few bugs but it sets a nice foundation for more tools to come.
Tiled Maps Improved
- fixed a bug causing tiles to be off-by-one pixel
- eliminated tearing between tiles by rendering each layer to a render target
- If you're rendering individual layers with Tiled maps they may not work correctly in this version
In all honesty, this release didn't go as well as I would have liked. I'm currently working on a roadmap to get things back on track and help the version 0.5 release go a little smoother.
If you would like to help, please check out the project on github.